Amazon has launched an iPad shopping application but unfortunately as yet it’s only available in the US and it’s not a world shattering app.
Disappointingly the app is a just a redesigned version of its existing iPhone shopping application but adjusted for the larger screen rather than anything big and new.
As with the iPhone app you can search for and browse products, as well as ordering them. It also offers recommendations and reviews, sales charts, wish lists and the ability to track packages.
Key features of the Amazon App for iPad include:
- Purchase using Amazon’s 1-Click ordering and Amazon Prime
- Track packages or modify orders using the Your Account feature
- Receive personalized recommendations
- View editorial and customer reviews
- Browse Amazon’s Bestsellers, Gold Box Deal of the Day and Lightning Deals
- Access Wish List and Universal Wish List
- Watch movie trailers and listen to song samples
“Following the launch of the Amazon App for iPhone and iPod touch, we’ve used our customers’ feedback to help us build a fun and intuitive shopping destination on the iPad,” said Sam Hall, director of Amazon Mobile. “This application offers customers a unique, interactive experience that takes full advantage of the visual and tactile nature of the iPad.”