The iPad-only app launched today allows users to attempt and set real Guinness World Records straight from their iPad. Three new record challenges have been designed specifically for the iPad and will be exclusive to Guinness World Records: At Your Fingertips.
The three record challenges giving users the chance to become genuine Guinness World Records holders are:
- Fastest 100m on an iPad – take on the world’s fastest man as your fingers go tip-to-toe with Usain ‘Lighting’ Bolt and attempt to break his 9.58-second record
- Fastest alphabet backwards – speed typing the alphabet forwards is one thing, but typing backwards will need a quick mind and even quicker fingers!
- Longest sequence memorised – a memory endurance test where the noises are inspired by real human sounds
Each game is a new Guinness World Records challenge and iPad users battle each other to secure the world record title. Leader boards for each record challenge will be hosted on www.guinnessworldrecords.com and somebody, somewhere is guaranteed a place in the record books when Guinness World Records announces the world’s best for each challenge on May 1 2011.
Guinness World Records: At Your Fingertips, was developed with UK creative agency Brandwidth www.brandwidth.co.uk, and replaces the Lite app launched in April 2010. In addition to the three record challenges, the improved app delivers more than 150 photographs, 140 records and 20 stunning video clips under the topic areas Tallest, Strangest, Most, Deadliest, Fastest, Craziestand Most Expensive.
New fully-loaded features include:
- Rotating 360 degree images
- Optimised for iOS 4.2
- 3-D effects with parallax scrolling
The Guinness World Records: At Your Fingertips is available for £2.99 ($4.99 in the US) and more details can be found at http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/ipad.aspx[ad name=”Google Text half banner advert “]