Argos customers will soon be able to access over 25,000 Argos products on the move, following the launch of the free Argos iPhone Application which is expected to launch in the coming days. Argos is confident of high consumer demand for the App following a traffic increase of over 600% from mobile Apple devices to Argos.co.uk – which accounts 35% of all Argos sales – in the last year.
The launch version of the Argos App has been specifically designed to appeal to the growing number of customers using the retailer’s pioneering online ‘Check & Reserve’ service, which accounts for 22% of company sales.
Features of the Argos App include:
- Quick and easy browsing of 25,000 products in 12 core product categories.
- Price and stock checker updated in real time.
- Live product availability means the App will locate your closest store with stock.
- Store locator, finds the nearest store(s) in a customers area by postcode or town name.
- Directions to store via Google Maps.
- User generated content on Argos.co.uk will be synced with the Argos app to allow users to view the 600,000 customer reviews currently on Argos.co.uk.
David Tarbuck, head of multi-channel development at Argos, comments:
“Developing a mobile application was the next natural technology step for Argos to ensure we remain a significant shopping destination for the modern day consumer. In December 2009, visits to Argos.co.uk from Apple mobile devices topped 750,000 – so we know the demand is there from Apple users for us to provide this customer demographic with a mobile solution for shopping with Argos.
Although 750k visits from Apple users seems a lot, it’s just a fraction of the traffic hitting the Argos site. Boxing Day 2009 saw a record 1.9million visits, with an average of 1.3million visits per day during their peak Christmas trading period.