Congrats to my old mates on the Guardian team for winning the AOP award for Innovation http://www.ukaop.org.uk for the Guardian iPhone app.
“Following the visual language of both newspaper and website, the Guardian iPhone app was designed to appeal to a mobile audience seeking a new, even more intuitive user experience. It has exceeded sales targets, was the first ‘serious content app’ to deliver a #1 spot in the AppStore and is bringing its highly engaged users ever-closer to GNM’s content.
Judges’ Comments: “Broke the mould of how content to mobile can be monetised.””
The other shortlisted businesses in the innovation list were all big heavyweight candidates.
- Bitesize Book Notes – BBC
- HowToSpendIt.com – FT
- The Guardian iPhone app – Guardian News & Media
- Techworld & IBM Social Media Campaign – IDG
- TwitJobSearch – Twitter Job Search Engine – Incisive Media
- New Scientist – What’s in a face? – RBI
- Telegraph mobile applications – Telegraph Media Group
- The Economist – Which MBA? ranking guide – The Economist
My baby the m.guardian.co.uk Guardian Mobile site was nominated as the best Use of Mobile, and was also against some serious big players, but alas Trader Media’s Autotrader.mobi won.